Our most important event is the annual Frankfurt Spring Ball, which always takes place on the first non-Easter Saturday in the second half of April.
The Ball has its own page
During the school holidays in Hesse we do not dance but occasionally meet for »alternative Tuesdays« (games, beer garden, etc.)
Upcoming holiday dates
- Christmas holidays 24.12.2012 - 12.1.2013
- Easter holidays 25.3. - 6.4.2013
- Summer holidays 8.7. - 16.8.2013
Information about other dance opportunities in Germany, as well as events such as balls, day schools, or workshops are available on Celtic Circle.
Dancing in our neighbourhood is also possible in (listed alphabetically):
- Mondays 20.00-22.00 (not during Hesse school holidays). Please note, that since the beginning of 2011 the location is not anymore in the ESOC (European Space Operations Centre) but Gymnasium (Sporthalle of the Friedrich-List-School (Schule), branch-building (Aussenstelle) Paul-Gerhard-Platz, 64293 Darmstadt. For details please contact Ulrike Koeppler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mayence (Mainz)
- Since 11 September 2009 friends of Scottish Country Dancing can dance in Mainz again: The »Narhalla Dancers« meet on Fridays, 19.30-22.00 in the gymnasium of the Gymnasium Gonsenheim, An der Bruchspitze, Mainz-Gonsenheim. We can assist also you to contact the dancers in Mainz via email@example.com.
- Schlüchtern (Vollmerz)
- The Kuckucksnest offers weekly dancing for beginners and advanced dancers as well as several weekend workshops at all levels throughout every year, often featuring teachers from Scotland and live music. (Our opinion: Very recommendable!)
And if you are interested to try other kinds of dancing (Finnish Tango, meditative dancing etc.) - try the programme (in German only) of the Landesarbeitsgemeinschaft Tanz Hessen e. V..